Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Becoming Mrs. Thompson

September 24, 2010


Today I married my BEST friend.  Our story started back about 15 years ago.  I met Jason through a friend of mine who moved to Napavine, his home town. He was my first boyfriend, first kiss and first love.  Our friendship throughout all these years grew to become a love that I can't even begin to describe.  My wedding speech to him said it all....I explained to him that my dad took me out on my "1st Date" when I turned 16.  He opened doors, pulled out chairs, we got the steak & lobster for dinner and he picked up the bill at the end.  He explained to me that this is how I should be treated by the men I would be dating in the future.  Little did I know he was describing Jason to the "T."  Chivalry has not died, and I am proud to say that I'm happily married to the living proof.  September 24th was ONE of the BEST days of my life. 

My brother Jon officiated our wedding.  He did an amazing job.  We wrote the ceremony
and asked that he start out with his signature,
"You are probably all wondering
why I gathered you here today."


Just a few shots from our ceremony



About to share our first kiss as husband & wife!


Mom kissing me good luck before the ceremony and dad seeing me for the first time.

The MUST have picture of ANY bride

One of Jason's Best Men, my new stepson, Brayden.  I gave this pocket watch to him
to symbolize my timeless love for him.
 All 3 of us poured sand into a vase symbolizing us becoming a family.


  
Enjoying the moment as
Husband & Wife


Dad kissing his 2nd born "good-bye".....
we forgot to do in the ceremony!


Erin & Hana stood as my "matron and maid of honor" and
Mandy stood as my bridesmaid.  I had my 3 sisters up there with me and
would not have had it any other way.

Erin, Me & Hana
Sisters are forever.


I'm so thankful that my Babcia {grandma in Polish, dad's mom} and my Grandma got to
fly out for our big day.  It meant the world to us!

Me tearing up after I gave DeAnn (my mother-in-law) a gift I made for her.
"Thank you for raising your son, to be the man of my dreams"

Steve & Vicki Riggs. Erin's in-laws.
 Thank you
for opening up your beautiful home for our ceremony!




"Introducing for the first time, MR & MRS JASON THOMPSON!!"

Jason going in for the garter.

Who is the next lucky lady??

Our cake.  Simple, beautiful, and YUMMY!
Pink champagne with raspberry filling.
{Thanks to Erin and Ashley who got our cake for us as a gift}

Us cutting the cake, and no, neither of us had it smashed into our mouths!
{I told you..chivalry, not dead}

"...And You're Daaaaddeeeee's Little Girrrrrrrl"

Jason and his mother dancing the mother/son dance
{I cried listening to every song he listened to trying to find the PERFECT one}

"Wear this ring to show all the world that you have
chosen me to be your husband/wife.

I cannot wait to spend many more years dancing cheek to cheek with the man I love.
It's only just begun.

2 comments:

Dad (ashley) said...

congratulations, you looked amazing!

Dziadzia said...

Ksavera,
Great blog! Keep up the post and fantastic job. Tons of great memories and ones that will live forever. It is a perfect way to record the history of your family unit for years to come. Mom and I are proud and estatic to be part of it. Don't ever quit!
Love You,
Dad