Monday, March 21, 2011

Motherhood



Where do I begin?
My maternity leave officially ended today.  Although at first I felt a part of me was losing something special, I realized that this is just the beginning of the something wonderful to come! 

Motherhood is THE MOST amazing experience on this planet. 
From the very moment Kellen Dean was placed onto my tummy and into my arms,
 I experienced a love,
a fear,
a relief,
 a joy,
 a hope,
a happiness,
 a dream come true
like none other I have ever felt.
He has brought me so much and tought me to love
like I've never loved before. 
I want to spend everyday of my life protecting him & know he will be my protector.
I want to make sure he feels loved & that he knows how to love back.
I want to teach him everything I know & have him teach me what I do not.
I want to make sure he knows he can be who he wants to be & that he's made me everything that I'VE always wanted to be.
I am a better person because of this one tiny miracle & I thank God that he
has come into my life. 
I love you, my precious baby Kellen. 



5 comments:

Amanda Moury said...

Not gonna lie, my heart did a little pitter patter when I heard your knock at the door this morning! I'm so glad that you're back to work, but know how much you're going to miss spending every day with your boy. Good thing you work only minutes away from where he'll be! :)

Erin Leigh said...

Such a sweet post.

Dziadzia said...

How true. He is a gift from God and I know what you are talking about. I love the feeling and thank you all for teaching me so much!

Hana Kristine said...

yeah...i think there was a tear there. remember when we were looking at him asking him what he is going to be when he grows up? lets charish every minute we have with him before he grows up from a little gentleman to a man. man, he is getting so big, yup another tear. k... i gotta go love on my pets. :)

Sandy said...

I was on the verge of tears. You have a way with words. Love the pictures. So sweet!!!